Sometimes gradation have bands sometimes they don't. All the graphics packages are a little bit different but here's a tip on what to do after years of making mistakes... I can comment best on Adobe Photoshop. I'm old school and was taught to make all gradations that span large background areas in PS to avoid banding issues in pre-press. Make them 100% of the size you need and in the target resolution of your document. The only completely fail safe way I've been able to identify to avoid this pesky issue is to add a slight bit (.04%) of Noise. It seems to break up the banded areas created when you attempt to gradate to similar colors or when the tonal ranges are very slight over a relatively wide area. (You've got "history" palettes people. Use it) Start out in small increments of noise. It is VERY Powerful... only to be overshadowed by the greatest filter of them all... "GAUSSIAN BLUR" Hope this keeps everyone out of hot water in the future!
Is this our own twitter?
ReplyDeleteSometimes gradation have bands sometimes they don't. All the graphics packages are a little bit different but here's a tip on what to do after years of making mistakes... I can comment best on Adobe Photoshop. I'm old school and was taught to make all gradations that span large background areas in PS to avoid banding issues in pre-press. Make them 100% of the size you need and in the target resolution of your document. The only completely fail safe way I've been able to identify to avoid this pesky issue is to add a slight bit (.04%) of Noise. It seems to break up the banded areas created when you attempt to gradate to similar colors or when the tonal ranges are very slight over a relatively wide area. (You've got "history" palettes people. Use it) Start out in small increments of noise. It is VERY Powerful... only to be overshadowed by the greatest filter of them all... "GAUSSIAN BLUR" Hope this keeps everyone out of hot water in the future!
ReplyDelete